Dear Mr. President

Dear Mr. President, 
Why do we need a wall if we are free and brave? 

Dear Mr. President, 
The golden rule of my childhood, hung up on every elementary school wall in every classroom, was “treat others how you want to be treated.” Do you want to be shunned because of your location or religion?

Dear Mr. President, 
Why do you pinch my clean white cheeks and tell me how much my dreams are worth, but shy away from the children stained with blood and debris from fallen buildings? 

Dear Mr. President, 
Doesn’t the Bible preach to accept and help whoever you can? 
I would inform you that they say the same in the Torah and the Quran, but I am afraid you might clog your ears if I speak either of those words. 

Dear Mr. President,
At what second did America become ‘not great’?  

Dear Mr. President, 
Why is it that human sympathy and benevolence towards others hardens like paint on a wall or tea left out in the snow at a certain age? 

Dear Mr. President, 
Is oil more important than life? 

Dear Mr. President, 
When did we become superior? Why do our cold hearts, full stomachs and pre-occupied brains prove more important than the empty stomachs, traumatized brains, and pleading hearts on the other side of the globe? 

Dear Mr. President, 
I thought we were all in this together.

Dear Mr. President, 
I want bridges, not walls.

Dear Mr. President, 
I want safety, not guns. 

Dear Mr. President,
I want openness, not isolation. 

Dear Mr. President,
I want compassion. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back Home

Gray

Thanksgiving