Ten Days


        Time seems to move faster than light, sometimes. 
I haven't started packing. In fact, I’ve barely begun to think about it. I depart from home in exactly ten days. All I can say is that, currently, I remain paralyzed in a sense of fear. I never wanted this blog to begin on such a depressing, fearful note, but I refuse to lie in writing. I want this blog to stay as truthful as possible for both selfish and selfless reasons. 
In my eyes, the most powerful purpose of writing is how it forces the reader feel something. One sentence or word acts like a sword as it slices into a person’s heart to cause blood of boiling anger, intense frustration, foggy confusion, deep sorrow, or exhilerant joy, to pour out. It’s a silent art, besides the click of computer keys or the pen’s scratching on paper, that results in the loudest yelps. That’s why I’m sitting at my small wooden desk typing away while watching sail boats cruise by on the distant ocean with the gentle wind of ten o’clock in the morning. 
The weekend approaches with a going away party so I can see my friends one last time before I become engulfed in packing and mentally preparing myself. I still need to practice my periodic table that I’m learning in preparation for my chemistry course. And in exactly 10 days, I will board a flight to another life most likely shaking in both fright and excitement of the unknown. 
                        - August 5 2016

Comments

  1. I think that an equally important reason for writing this blog is to make you reflect on your feelings. Unknown is always scary, but when we land, get our farmer cheese, honey and tomatoes for breakfast, things will become real and there will be nothing more to fear...
    Tata

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Back Home

Thanksgiving

Letter to My Thirteen Year Old Self